About The Rev. Dr. Marcus J. Carlson
Marcus is a pastor, teacher, spiritual director, writer, speaker and consultant. Marcus has served as an intern, youth pastor, children’s pastor, family pastor, associate pastor and as a senior pastor. Marcus has worked with children, adolescents, emerging adults, parents and families in a variety of capacities for over 16 years. Marcus’ ministry service includes various church denominations as well as other parachurch ministries.
Marcus has taught at the undergraduate and graduate level in theology, ministry, early childhood education, adolescent development and spiritual formation. Marcus’ teaching experience includes traditional, online and hybrid courses. Marcus has also served as a spiritual director for pastors, leaders, and many other individuals with diverse backgrounds and needs.
Marcus is also a speaker, writer, consultant and business owner. Marcus has lead seminars and trainings in a variety of settings for over 10 years covering a variety of subjects including child and adolescent development, children, youth and family ministry, leadership, education and organizational development. Marcus regularly writes for Connections magazine and has written for Youthworker Journal, youthworker.com, Fuller’s Burner Blog and other publications. Marcus is a regular blogger and is working on his first book.
Marcus has and continues to be involved in a variety of community organizations. Marcus is an experienced non-profit board member and has extensive experience in working with schools in his community. Marcus seeks to serve the community and partner with individuals and organizations in the community in order to strengthen the community.
- Doctor of Ministry, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA (GPA: 3.93)
- Masters of Professional Counseling, Liberty University (completed half of degree GPA: 3.87)
- Masters of Arts in Theology, Fuller Theological Seminary, Colorado Springs, CO (GPA: 3.60)
- Masters of Divinity Equivalency Coursework at Iliff School of Theology, Denver, CO (GPA: 3.60)
- Certificate in Youth Ministry, Fuller Theological Seminary, Colorado Springs, CO
- BA Youth Ministries (Minors in Psychology, Theology & Leadership), Eastern University, St. David’s, PA (GPA: 3.60-Cum Laude)
Areas of Expertise, Writing, Teaching and Experience:
- Children, youth and family ministry
- Child & adolescent psychosocial and spiritual development
- Leadership and organizational development
- Spiritual formation, direction and disciplines
- Community service, engagement and partnership
Media & Links Page (includes sermons, resume, websites and other information)