I often get asked why it is that I love orange so much. When I am asked, I generally offer one of a couple responses, but decided that it would be fun to write a blog about why I enjoy the color orange so much.
1. I have always liked the color orange. It is vibrant, fun, easy to notice and not as celebrated as many of the other main colors.
2. I grew up near Syracuse, NY, home of the Syracuse Orange. I am a fan, particularly when it comes to college basketball.
3. The Denver Broncos. Admittedly this is a newer reason to like orange. I was not a fan (also did not dislike them) until Peyton Manning came to Denver. I am a huge fan of his. Having lived in Colorado and having liked orange along with Peyton, I figured it was time. Plus, Denver is Orange/Blue/White just like Syracuse, so why not?
4. I love pumpkin. I love all things flavored pumpkin; pumpkin spice latte’s, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin beer, pumpkin soup, pumpkin candy, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes, pumpkin ice cream and so on.
5. Orange is the color of transformation. The transformation of self and others through Jesus is my personal mission in life.
6. My favorite season is fall and orange is one of the great fall colors.
7. Orange signifies a quest for knowledge. I am passionate about being a life-long learner.
8. It has been proven that eating an orange or even smelling oranges or orange essential oils reduces stress.
9. The orange church. A movement called Orange thinks about the color orange in a new way in the life of the church and families. Red represents the heart, the family and yellow represents the light, the church. The two forces separate are not as powerful as the two forces together as they create a new thing; orange.
10. Orange can signal both danger and excitement. If that doesn’t describe what it means to interact with me, I do not know what does.
11. Orange stimulates conversation, especially when you wear/have a lot of it. For children, it is bright and attractive. For youth, it gets their attention. For adults, it creates conversation. Orange tends to stimulate conversation, both active talking and listening. It is warm and inviting, both physically and mentally stimulating.
12. Orange can be uplifting when used well and overpowering when not.
13. The color orange always stimulates a response.
14. If you give people something to talk about, they do not look for something to talk about.
15. Orange is memorable and is a coveted color.
16. In painting, orange is used to depict joy.
17. Orange is the color of joy and creativity. Orange promotes a sense of general wellness and emotional energy that should be shared, such as compassion, passion, and warmth. Orange will help a person recover from disappointments, a wounded heart, or a blow to one’s pride.The meaning of the color orange is stimulating, vibrant, and flamboyant.
18. Orange, the blend of red and yellow, is a mixture of the energy associated with red and the happiness associated with yellow. Orange is associated with meanings of joy, warmth, heat, sunshine, enthusiasm, creativity, success, encouragement, change, determination, health, stimulation, happiness, fun, enjoyment, balance, sexuality, freedom, expression, and fascination. Orange is the color of adventure and social communication.The color orange is optimistic, sociable and extroverted.
19. Studies show that the orange color can create physical effects such as increased hunger, heightened sense of activity, increased socialization, boost in aspiration, stimulated mental activity, increased oxygen supply to the brain, increased contentment, and enhanced assurance. Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity. It is highly accepted among young people.Orange also helps aid decision making, and enhances happiness, confidence, and understanding.
20. I just like it. I can like it. I want to like it.
So there you have it, the twenty main reasons I like the color orange. Now you know and you can find total fulfillment in life.